Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Things that I did-- Skottie Young's Frankenstein

This one was one of the key moments in my career. A short story written and illustrated by Skottie Young, this was the defining point that would help shape our art style for years to come. Before this, both our work was cleaner (see New X-men), but we went full-on experimental on this short, and never looked back.

I actually really love the look of these pages. Young's style was just on point, and the mood was perfect. As for my coloring, these feature some of my favorite work. I don't know why, but I was just in the zone, and I feel like I haven't been able to touch some of these results ever since. Anyway, here's a few choice pages.







1 comment:

  1. I don't see a ton of these, so it can be easy to forget just how skilled you actually are. Really excellent work JF!

    ReplyDelete